Check out my latest pieces:




Friday, September 4, 2009

Poetry From Unfettered Verse

These poems of mine were originally published in the June 2009 edition of Unfettered Verse.

Everything I Know is Passing Me By

Everything I know is passing me by
I want it all to stay still for a while
Days and days lost to my mind
Am I only a memory of better times?
I want some sort of history
To take the weight of my Self from me

Everything I know is passing me by
Am I even aware this is my only life?
As an insect’s fractural view
I know not on what to focus anew
Every facet is just the same
Pointing to the center of the hollow stage

Everything I know is passing me by
While I sit grasping at ephemeral time
But it flits away before I know
Who I am or where to go
Without any comparison to make
No decision is worth being awake

Hiding

I heard of your Father who sees in secret,
While I lay hiding in a basement

Who sees the beatings in hidden chambers?
Who sees the frantics of a lustful manger?
Who sees the lies spoken from honest eyes?

I saw everyday what it truly means
To keep a secret and hide truth away

Who sees the forcing of naked skin breaking?
Who sees the malice tightened round necks failing?
Who sees the glory promised delivered poorly?

I spoke not, for fear, that I should be found,
The hidden secret’s silent shroud

Hope

And, for a time, there was hope
How like to angry Micheal with sword aflame
Did we rage when it was lost.
We gave him more, a burden,
And found he was a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment